ss_blog_claim=905dc84beb26d0a4625d1a95ba742313

May 5, 2007

Get Paid to Blog - Smorty

I chanced upon Smorty while reading one of the blog I frequented. Smorty who? Smorty is a website which provides a service connecting advertisers to bloggers. Advertisers using this service will pay bloggers to write opinion posts with links back to their site.

Not one to let a money making opportunity pass by without checking it out, I hop over to Smorty.com and after reading up on the FAQs, the processes of how to get started, and the rules for bloggers, I am convince this is a genuine get paid to blog opportunity, and not one of those online scam or get-rich-quick scheme.

Smorty is the most cost effective tool to increase search engine rankings and targeted traffic for advertisers to advertise on blogs. The service is a communication link between the advertiser's site and millions of blogs in the blogosphere. The system is very straight forward to use. Advertisers create blog advertising campaign, Smorty reviews it and delivers it to its vast blogger network.

For bloggers, creating an account with Smorty is free, registration is simple and fast. As Smorty pays via Paypal, make sure you get a Paypal account before you sign up at Smorty. Once you've created an account, you'll be asked to submit your blog url where Smorty administrators will review it for approval. There are over 25 criteria for each blog to be approved, here are a few examples:

  • Your blog must be indexed by Google and Yahoo
  • Your blog must be older than 3 months
  • Your blog must not contain any violent, hate related or adult content Your blog must be active and have a history of minimum average 2 new posts per week

Although it was stated in the FAQs that "It can take up to 72 hours to have your blog approved", I got mine approved in less than 12 hours! I was a satisifed customer, as the fast approval means I can start accepting opportunities and posting my opinions to get paid for blogging.

Each approved post will bring you a minimum of US$6 and the Pagerank of your blog determines whether you receive higher paid ad campaigns, up to even $100 per post. Another important point to note, unlike some other websites which have minimum payout of US$100, Smorty does not and it pays out weekly! Simply put, Smorty helps you get paid for blogging.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Hi! I'm so glad you fixed your problem! Fantastic post, I've never heard of this website so I'm going to go and check it out. It sounds really good.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Christy:)

Unknown said...

I wonder if you can help me. I am trying to put the smorty code on my blogspot blog and I cannot get it to work. Is there something special I have to do. When I add the anchor text and link I get a 404. I would love your help.